Welcome To Mumbai
Planning a trip to Mumbai? Fantastic! We’re here for any question, consultation or need!
How to get from the airport to our Chabad House
Chabad House’s address: Nariman House, 5 Hormustji Street, Market, Azad nagar, Colaba, 400005.
The best way is to download the Uber app in advance and order a taxi using the app. However, if that option is not available, step out the airport and look for a black/ yellow taxi.
Be aware – even at peak hour, the ride should not cost more than 650 Rupees!
There is no direct bus or train to the Chabad House.
Our Chabad House opens at 8:00 am and closes at 11:00 pm.
Phones and communication
We advise you to purchase the sim of the companies Vodafone or Airtel. Our workers in the
Chabad House are willing to help you out with this.
WIFI in the Chabad House is available throughout the day.
The Israeli General Consulate in Mumbai: 022- 61600500
EL-AL offices in Mumbai: 022-66207400
When dialing Israel, enter the dialing code +972
So what is there to do in Mumbai? A lot!
1. The Nariman Lighthouse, Don’t miss out on a guided tour of the upper floors of the Chabad House.
2. Colaba street is tourist friendly, the different stands are an opportunity to stock up on gifts for home. At the end of the street stands the famous Taj Mahal, and The Gateway of India right next to it.
3. A Synagogue Tour- There are 10 synagogues in Mumbai, 6 of them are active on Shabbat and Holidays. For more details and a recommended tour guide - Contact us
4. The Crawford Market- More to enjoy the spectacular colors, smells and typical noise than to actually buy.
5. Dhobi Ghat – Recommended! The world’s largest laundromat.
6. A tour of the Slums of Mumbai - Dharavi. Contact Reality Tours to book a tour.
7. DhabaWala - A tour in the wake of a lunch break of an Indian worker
Hotel near Chabad
Here is a list of some recommended hostels in the area: